FBLA Business Procedures
FBLA BUSINESS PROCEDURES
Competency in performing daily tasks is a necessity in business. This event provides recognition for FBLA members who possess knowledge of basic skills and procedures and the ability to make intelligent business decisions.
Each state may enter three (3) participants who are FBLA members from active local chapters, on record in the national center as having paid dues by March 1 of the current school year.
A one (1) hour objective test will be administered based on the competencies listed. Nongraphing calculators will be provided.
Objective Test Competencies
- Human relations
- Technology concepts
- Business operations
- Communication skills
- Information processing
- Decision making
- Career development
- Database management
- Ethics and safety finance
NBEA Standards Reinforced by Event
- Career Development: workplace expectations, career strategy
- Communication: foundations, employment, organizational
- Computation: problem-solving applications
- Information Technology: database management systems, information technology and major business functions, privacy and ethics
- Economics and Personal Finance: personal decision making
Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration