FBLA Business Communication
FBLA BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
Learning to communicate in a manner that is clearly understood by the receiver of the message is a major task of all businesspeople. This event provides recognition for FBLA members who work toward improving their business communication skills of writing, speaking, and listening skills.
Each state may enter three (3) FBLA participants who are members from active local chapters, on record in the national center as having paid dues by March 1 of the current school year.
A one (1) hour objective test will be administered based on the competencies listed. Nongraphing calculators will be provided.
Objective Test Competencies
- Nonverbal and oral communication concepts
- Communication concepts
- Written and report application
- Reading comprehension
- Editing and proofreading
- Word definition and usage
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Digital communications [e-mail, messaging, Netiquette]
NBEA Standards Reinforced by Event
- Communication: foundations, employment, organizational
Career Clusters: Business Management and Administration; Marketing